Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost, the cloud concept is one of the many deviations from the past. Imagine stuff like the calendar, documents as well as files are stored via the cloud.

In that case, and speaking from what I think might happen, then there will be no need of a HD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes Jeremy, but I was also wondering if storing all your info on the cloud would mitigate risk; in any case would it not make it more insecure?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think the Cloud, and certainly Google's instance, will carefully dodge any current security risks. How aggressive Google is at staying ahead of the curve entirely depends on how many users adopt I imagine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know that the cloud concept may seem alien and scary to a lot of people, but that's progress. Remember that people thought your head would fall off if you drove a car at over 5 mph or something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
He He LOL you are right...and man (or woman) was not meant to fly. LOL if he were meant to fly he would have been born with wings.

If man were meant to have cloud computing he would have been born with his head in the clouds. ... mmmm maybe he was

·
Banned
109 Posts
When I first learned about cloud computing I was reading about the Cr-48 Chromebook. I was so shocked and so amazed that the first thing I did was run and tell my family. They looked at me like I had my head in the clouds! I was a tad-bit insulted BUT loving every minute of it when not even a week later there was a televised news cast featuring prominent politicians who spoke about the government's transition into the clouds and the excitement spreading throughout Washington....and yep, the family happened to be watching the news that day!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts