Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have a Chrome browser yet as I discovered you cannot get anything from the web store without this browser.

What are some of the exciting apps?

·
Registered
86 Posts
None. It's just a web site that adds links to the New Tab Page to various web sites.

It's not like Android Marketplace or the Apple App Store.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
None. It's just a web site that adds links to the New Tab Page to various web sites.

It's not like Android Marketplace or the Apple App Store.
Not quite true. While many 'apps' are little more than hyperlinks, some of them are installed locally - examples include SourceKit and WriteSpace, but there are a few that will work offline on a chromebook.

To answer the OP's question though, the Chrome Web Store is designed to work with the chrome browser.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Not quite true. While many 'apps' are little more than hyperlinks, some of them are installed locally - examples include SourceKit and WriteSpace, but there are a few that will work offline on a chromebook.

To answer the OP's question though, the Chrome Web Store is designed to work with the chrome browser.
Very very few work offline. And they can be counted on one hand. 99.9% of the content on Chrome Web Store are just links to some web site. So far, I'm not very impressed. Even Google is late to their own party.

And OP didn't ask that question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The games I've found on there mostly play offline as well as online. I haven't used many other apps. I like Entanglement and Angry Birds, both of which play offline.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The Google web store is not just for apps, but for extensions as well. If you get the Chrome browser, which I recommend, you will want to get some extensions for the store too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I find the Google app store to be really useful. There are actually quite a few apps that do more than take you to a web page. Like Zora was saying you need extensions. They are the equivalent to Firefox add-ons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts