Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There seems to be a general consensus that the Samsung version looks better and there are a few other advantages. For me, the HDMI is less significant than the price point. At this point, I think that I will wait for another generation and the inevitable price drop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There seems to be a general consensus that the Samsung version looks better and there are a few other advantages. For me, the HDMI is less significant than the price point. At this point, I think that I will wait for another generation and the inevitable price drop.
The Acer chromebook does look a bit old school/outdated, not what you would expect with a brand new product. But the Samsung Chromebook looks really nice and the two color options give you best of both worlds.

Titan Silver Samsung Chromebook has a professional look to it.
White Samsung Chromebook stands out and reminds me of a apple product, good look for the younger crowd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't think that this is much of a deal. Looking at the specs, it is comparable to a Netbook. The pricing should be around $200. If you already have a netbook, you can download the Chrome OS and install it to test it out. For close to $400, you should be able to get at least a Core I3 or Core I5 processor with your laptop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HDMI is a pretty pointless thing to go after for a laptop like this, Unless you're rocking a system that can handle hd quality things better, a chromebook doesn't have the graphics card or screen to bring HD truely alive. I realize that an additional monitor can change this but I don't see myself jumping for a new monitor for a laptop like this. Kinda defeats the purpose of it being small and all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also don't really see the point of an HDMI output on a chromebook. Josh pretty much sums it up. I like Samsung's design better and it's 8.5 hours of battery is also worth that extra money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also agree with about the HDMI and the Battery Life is a HUGE reason why I am going with the Samsung. Also the media card reader was a plus. I am so pumped to get my hands on one of these!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh neat! But yeah, it's a little pricey (especially when you can get semi-decent full-on laptops for maybe $100 more). Although the bigger-than-a-netbook screen is nice!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Samsung does not only look better but also performs better, not to mention it is also priced better :D But I would definitely go for Samsung for obvious reason.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The sammy's parts are worth more than $325.Maybe cell companies will start selling them with a data contract. Than you might see this things for $100 to $200.
I love the idea of the Chromebook. I love WebApps. But if I can get a tablet or netbook for the same price I would...why limit yourself to ONLY webapps if you dont have to for the same price.

Chromebook will do X....and only when online.
A computer with an OS will do exactly the same AND more...online or offline.

Discount the Chromebook....and it's more of a winning proposition (for me). :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love the idea of the Chromebook. I love WebApps. But if I can get a tablet or netbook for the same price I would...why limit yourself to ONLY webapps if you dont have to for the same price.

Chromebook will do X....and only when online.
A computer with an OS will do exactly the same AND more...online or offline.

Discount the Chromebook....and it's more of a winning proposition (for me). :D
Why not have both?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dual boot

I wonder if I could set up a dual boot laptop with Google OS and Vista.
Most of the time the Google OS would be enough, but if I need more I could boot to Vista. :)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
The sammy's parts are worth more than $325.Maybe cell companies will start selling them with a data contract. Than you might see this things for $100 to $200.
Indeed. The hardware is better than the cheaper networks.. bigger, brighter, higher resolution screen. Enormous battery. SSD disk. Stylish, durable keyboard and shell.

Once you start comparing with netbook that have these features, the chromebook is cheaper: because it doesn't need a big disk, powerful CPU or expensive OS.

With the new 'boot to safari' feature, a macbook promises all that chromeos offers and more. Show me one of those for $300 and I'll buy it :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts