Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Verizon is said to be giving Chromebook users 100 megabites of free connection per month. Granted, you can't do much with it, but I guess it would be an incentive to want to switch to Verizon, if you're not already with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone still offering unlimited?

I heard there is now NO-ONE offering unlimited internet. Even those who first bought it, like my neighbor, has been told he is limited to 5 gb and anything over that will be so slow you will not want to use it. Surely there is someone offering unlimited 3G or4G etc. for some kind of price, right?:confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
This is where I get confused. Can I not connect unlimited with my Time Warner Service? I am a Verizon customer though, so I guess I will take advantage of that 100 megabytes free.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Do you have a link for Verizon's offer. Do you have to change your package? I have a data plan with them. How will the billing look after the free part. Will this be very expensive?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hrm, well I was hopping the prices would be cheaper than that. Still, as a secondary connection it will do since I already have Verizon, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Data spots wont be used too often as now i would say many many places have wifi, only those odd places and times will you just use plain old data... or well thats what i do atleast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the 3G would be a waste of money, especially with all of the places that offer WiFi now. And even if you can't get WiFi, there is the option to tether your phone (in my case Droid X) to the computer and go from there.

Verizon thinks they're being nice to offer "free" access, but in reality they're just trying to rope you into the more expensive plan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I heard that after two years you have to pay for a data plan, instead of getting free data. Sucks for me because I can't afford it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts