Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Acer version, and my volume buttons don't work about 90% of the time. No matter what button I press (mute, up, down) it just says that I am muting it. However, the other 10% of the time, usually when I turn it on for the first time for a few days, the volume works, however it works basically like a screen reader. Everything I type, click on, mouse over, it read out loud to me. It essentially makes my speakers completely useless because whether it has or does not have volume, I can't use it. I've tried looking for a way to turn off the screen reader and can't seem to find anything, nor have I been able to find anyone with the same mute/volume control problem. Anyone with any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I've had the volume buttons go unresponsive on my Series 5, but only very occasionally - once or twice since I got it. Fixed by a reboot.

Sounds like (sorry :)) you may have a hardware problem?

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sounds like an accessibility-type function. Do you perhaps have the Accessibility feature turned on in in your System Settings? Just guessing based on experience with other systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was accessibility apparently. Not sure how it got turned on, as it had been working properly before about 2 weeks ago. Anyways, thanks a ton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts