Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Greetings!

Another new C720 here, bought in Morgan's sale via Micro Mart - it was £135 - and I bought one for the wife too!
Either or both will probably end up dual-booting Linux, especially since there is a customised version of Bodhi Linux for the 720....
We both find it pretty snappy in use compared to run-of-mill Laptops, Desktops and Tablets. We've tried a few tablets but they are very much last year's toy now.
Been pleasantly surprised by the quality of Chrome OS. Trying one out in a shop was almost impossible, with places like our local PC World having WiFi problems, or just not having a demo machine available. <sigh>

But having taken the plunge, it seems rather good.

Things like Ctrl-Alt-? are very useful and the help info seems to have been written by people who have actually used Chrome OS, which is so unusual.

· Registered
8 Posts
You're right, Robbie - it's just a question of persisting with it, like riding a bike!
...and after a while it becomes automatic - whatever it is.

Must say that the Chrome OS user interface is -very- well thought out, in my view.
Cannot abide some of the weirdness currently going around - Ubuntu Unity was a big disappointment, and as for Win8, words fail me! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.