Google Chromebook Forums banner
181 - 200 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suggestion for Chromebooks

As we know we have a problem with hackers entering developer mode on chromebooks and putting other operating systems and using bootable usb flash drives on chromebooks which can cause problems and I would like and have a suggestion so this doesn't happen and we have a new way of using other operating systems on chromebooks that won't cause problems or mess with chrome os I have a idea I would like to see happen I call it internal hdmi display or reverse hdmi I would like to be able to use other things than the chromebook on the chromebook's display plus make it compatible with the hardware I would like chromebooks to be able to use compute sticks and use the chromebook's keyboard mouse and ports so that would make a new efficient way to use other operating systems on chrome os not only that but compute sticks have their own ram,processor,of coarse storage,operating system already on them and way more which makes it more efficient so I would like to see this happen that way with the power off adding compute sticks chromebooks can be a super powerful multi os machine if you choose

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not new here, but it's been awhile. My three-year-old Samsung 303C is still running strong, but needs a little help when recharging. It's a hardware problem, so thinking I already know the answer, but here goes, anyway.
The jack is the source of the problem, if not the problem itself. When inserting recharge cord, be it car or home charger, the charge icon on computer screen lights up, but it continues to discharge, and the light on back of computer is either solid green, or alternating between amber (charging) and green. The jack and connection feels solid, no wiggles. Have found through playing with/cajoling/praying to the computer gods, that by compressing the unit near the jack with moderate finger pressure, the amber light comes on and remains steady, and charging commences, no problem. As it's a hardware problem, not sure how long before this temporary solution fails. I am hoping there is a solution other than replacing or spending $100 to fix it, as I have the slightly weird trait of becoming attached to inanimate objects that have served me well, and this has been a wonderful companion all over the world the past two years, and would hate to see it go. That said, if it comes to that, I value dependability far above performance (form follows function by a long shot in my book), so 1080p or faster processor means nothing to me if it means any compromise in build quality whatsoever, and I've been very happy with my Samsung. That said, is the newer generation Samsung the way to go for me (i.e., is its build quality superior to Toshiba, Acer, et al.)? Thanks in advance, as always. This forum is a wonderful resource.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from UK

Hi all, i have used a Chromebook i have which is abut 3yrs old but not really seriously. it was a Samsung. The one I am using atm is a Toshiba Chromebook CB30-B-104 13.3" Full HD Laptop Intel N2840 4GB RAM 16GB SSD so i hope to get better use from it , with the forums help. My name is Paul and i'm 65 yrs (so please be patient with me:):)) Seriosly my first question is is there a good IRC for chromebook , I realise I can chat in Google chat and text in Google + but I am looking for a good IRC where I can gain more Chromebook knowledge. Finally can you tell me a Google + group that is also good for me to gain Chromebook knowledge from ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry I tried to help u u might have to

Not new here, but it's been awhile. My three-year-old Samsung 303C is still running strong, but needs a little help when recharging. It's a hardware problem, so thinking I already know the answer, but here goes, anyway.
The jack is the source of the problem, if not the problem itself. When inserting recharge cord, be it car or home charger, the charge icon on computer screen lights up, but it continues to discharge, and the light on back of computer is either solid green, or alternating between amber (charging) and green. The jack and connection feels solid, no wiggles. Have found through playing with/cajoling/praying to the computer gods, that by compressing the unit near the jack with moderate finger pressure, the amber light comes on and remains steady, and charging commences, no problem. As it's a hardware problem, not sure how long before this temporary solution fails. I am hoping there is a solution other than replacing or spending $100 to fix it, as I have the slightly weird trait of becoming attached to inanimate objects that have served me well, and this has been a wonderful companion all over the world the past two years, and would hate to see it go. That said, if it comes to that, I value dependability far above performance (form follows function by a long shot in my book), so 1080p or faster processor means nothing to me if it means any compromise in build quality whatsoever, and I've been very happy with my Samsung. That said, is the newer generation Samsung the way to go for me (i.e., is its build quality superior to Toshiba, Acer, et al.)? Thanks in advance, as always. This forum is a wonderful resource.
So I'm sorry to say that you might have to I've been looking around and I've seen the battery and power cord thats it however if your screen ever breaks I found those too otherwise if its not the battery or cord for power I can't help you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, new member, proud owner of a 2013 ChromeBook Pixel.
I am a big fan of ThinkPads, I have many of them in my collection, but the Pixel is something completely different. I'm one of those laptop resellers on eBay, so I've kept an eye on one of these when the prices went down. Anywho, this is my third Pixel, my original was a unit with a faulty dim display. I ended up cracking the glass digitizer but was able to fix the display issue, however it was unustable.

Later on I got 2 units which had waterdamage/heavy use but couldnt fix, still have em, waiting to figure out how to fix em with a good donor unit. One turns on but the display doesn't light up, haven't been able to pinpoint if its the motherboard or LCD. Set aside for other projects.

2nd was a 2015 model I got to try out and flip. Battery and performance was night and day.

But since I was having CB withdraws, I ended up getting a 'new' Pixel with a UK keyboard, not used to it yet. As stated my third unit, though I am not a fan of touchpads, I do like the gestures and overall layout of ChromeOS.

So hello everyone!! I will input any information when it comes across fixing these things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to the forum. I'm researching to see if a Chromebook is right for me. I'm already a Linux user, but I do use several applications regularly that I need to keep on using.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
Does anyone have the *(Black) SAMSUNG model # XE503C12-X01US and is having problems with connecting to the WIFI plus slowness? I have the (Silver) SAMSUNG model # XE500C12-X01US and its connects an works great.

Jorge

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbie noob here

Hi all
Just wanted to say hi and i have just purchased my very first Chromebook,an Acer C710-2478 which i picked up imaculate for only 40gbp.
I have to say im very impressed and have so far enjoyed using it only for browsing the web so far but am looking forward to getting into it as they say.
Thanks for listening and im sure i will be using this forum for many tips,tricks and advice.
Regards
Darth

·
Registered
2 Posts
New User

Hi,

Got an ASUS Flip for Christmas from my daughter. So far so good using and learning the Chromebook. Have a good bit of experience with Win computers or should I say WinJunk :) Looking forward to learning even more here in the Forums.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum

Keep seing 'welcome' post and wanting new members to introduce themselves but can only find this reply box, no site for introductions. No info on my search so will just wait for the adaptor and try it myself. Can' even find where to ask a question/ or start new topic. Thanks for nothing folks. Won't be back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
welcome to this forum site , here you can find lots of things , i suggest you , for your question you have to contact any other expert , right now i have no knowledge about your query sorry for that

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I'm new-ish here too.

I joined the forum to find out more about my new Chromebook but, to be honest, I don't know why I bothered.

There's hardly any new posts and those I've seen are always about phones no Chromebooks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Member Introduce

welcome to this forum site , here you can find lots of things , i suggest you , for your question you have to contact any other expert , right now i have no knowledge about your query sorry for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Wel lcome to this forum site , here you can find lots of things , i suggest you , for your question you have to contact any other expert , right now i have no knowledge about your query sorry for that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New

Hi - Vickie here. Been a banker and a pig farmer. Lived in Washington state ~20 years, back to home state, CA. Retired, living in Santa Cruz area.

Struggling with a few things - only had Chrome a few months. Wanted to download AutoCAD - but maybe I can't?
And while the facebook short videos always played before - and will sometimes still play if on auto play on screen - but the second they flip to own page they stop at about 5 seconds.

I don't see where to properly search forum topics - when I tried upper right google box - looked more like web results...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pepperidge Farms remembers..

Hey, The name's Ali born and raised in Toronto Ontario, you can get rid of the "I" and call me AL or if you get to know me you can rid of the "L" and call me A.I. because after you've heard me speak in person you'll wonder if I were preprogrammed. (Philosophy joke) Other than that, Me Ape. Ape think am good with spark box. Ape want learn more bout chromes' spark box. Ape happy to be part of community. Ape want feel good for help other Ape like other Ape do.

Oh and btw if anyone knows of a decent wireless (hopefully universal) game pad or controller for like N64, SNES, GC, GBA etc games I can use on my chromebook without any to little issues where I can order off of amazon PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DM me on instagram @AfroLaddin Ape need to vent agression beneficially.

I would greatly appreciate it, thanks for reading.

181 - 200 of 207 Posts