Google Chromebook Forums banner
121 - 140 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all from Racine,Ohio Just got my Samsung chromebook yesterday and trying to learn more about it. This is my first time posting so bear with me. I have two other computers an old machine with xp and windows 7 lap top.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Joined recently...

Hi.. My name is Robbie and I joined a couple of weeks ago..

I've an Acer Chromebook 720 and finding it an interesting little machine to play with.. Ideal for vacation purposes..

Also got two or three PCs.. One running XP (quite old) Acer windows 7 (aged two) and a windows 8 Lenovo (all in one ~ retirement/Christmas gift)...

It all make the mind boggle.... :confused: . com

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought an HP Chromebook 14 today after my Windows laptop was destroyed by multiple viruses. I have to say that I am not missing Microsoft at all :)

I found this forum by chance looking to find out how to delete text and I am so glad I found this site. Thank you for all the great info!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Delete...

Hi Dutchie Mommy...

You've probably found out how to delete text by now, but on the off-chance that you haven't, try holding down the large 'Alt' key and using the backspace key... That does the trick...

RD....

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Keyboard shortcuts ~ etc....

Yeah... The Chrome book's quirkiness is one of its main attributes... It never ceases to amaze me, how it all come together so sweetly...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi , just purchased a HP chromebook 14 a couple days ago . its very impressive . Was looking for info on it & came across this site . Very nice site with lots of information . Thanks everyone for contributing ALL the info. Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts

I'm no (top of the ladder) operator when it come to chromebook usage, but I do know the score on a number of features...

If anyone need general help with a C720 (or similar) give me a shout on here, or drop me a personal message.... All are welcome, from newbies upwards... Maybe I'll be able to learn something as well...

Robbie.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I have just purchased an Acer C720. Very pleased with it so far, battery life seems to be considerably better than my old laptop. Still in the honeymoon stage at the moment but this seems to fit the bill for my requirements!! and at £179 to boot
Richie TP

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Well done Richie... Good choice...

I have never regretted buying mine - the same model as you...

Give me a shout if you're stuck with anything... Always pleased to be of assistance as and where I can... Don't know it all , but have a fair understanding of most processes...

Robbie....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Greetings!

Another new C720 here, bought in Morgan's sale via Micro Mart - it was £135 - and I bought one for the wife too!
Either or both will probably end up dual-booting Linux, especially since there is a customised version of Bodhi Linux for the 720....
We both find it pretty snappy in use compared to run-of-mill Laptops, Desktops and Tablets. We've tried a few tablets but they are very much last year's toy now.
Been pleasantly surprised by the quality of Chrome OS. Trying one out in a shop was almost impossible, with places like our local PC World having WiFi problems, or just not having a demo machine available. <sigh>

But having taken the plunge, it seems rather good.

Things like Ctrl-Alt-? are very useful and the help info seems to have been written by people who have actually used Chrome OS, which is so unusual.

121 - 140 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.