Google Chromebook Forums banner
161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Robbie, I found the update option in "About Chrome" at the top of the settings page however, it reports my chrome is up to date. Looks like a system restore is in order, yet I'll continue to put up with the inconvenience of entering e-mail and password on power up while I research further sources, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Good luck with all your efforts...

Robbie....

·
Registered
7 Posts
HP Chromebook login issue, still prying!

How much damage does "POWERWASH" do to your Google account settings and stored files? I can log in but it requires both my e-mail and password each time and I'd liked it to login with just the password.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Would you mind saying how you overcame the problem, so that others can learn from your findings...

It's always helpful to give feedback...

Thanks... Robbie....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. I attempted to add another user but it refused to by reason of same e-mail address..... Issue disapeared. Just an open source glitch to spank, not a settings problem.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Thanks for that Betabilly - clear as a bell...

I have several mail addresses, simply for the sort of problem you encountered and other issues... I can get around anything now...

Anyway, have a good 'rest of the week' and enjoy using that CB...

Robbie....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I have looked all around this forum and find no section for the ASUS Chromebooks. I have a C200M and am surprised that there is no forum for the C200 or C300.

I would love to find out how to update the RealTek driver so that my audio jack would recognize a headphone. I understand that these multi-jacks can recognize if you are plugged in speakers, headphones or headsets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all. I'm just learning about chromebooks and am impressed by what they can do. I have a Dell desktop with win 7, an OLD laptop on Linux mint, a raspberry pi, and various android devices. I am learning computer repair and just wanted to learn about fixing these.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interested in Photography

Hello, just got my Acer Aspire CB5 311 Chromebook. I am well impressed. I have an Acer All in one PC thats ageing a bit and didnt have a laptop so I thought I would try and see what can be done with a Chromebook.
I got 1 Tb of free storage for 2 years from Google, more than enough, I think I will only use a tenth of that.
I have been tidying up Google drive and transferring some photos into that. I have installed Pixlr and have been watching the various web videos to find my way round it. I have Photoshop and Lightroom on my PC and its obviously not as good as them but will do for simple edits.
Trying to open things from Flickr and Picasa failed with a 404 page not found error. Starting up Pixlr was a pain too, Autodesk have missed off the last backslash after edt/ which results in a blank screen.
I use an Android Hudl tablet and HTC One S phone which all seem to work fine.
I have a Chromecast and am pleased to say that I can call up YouTube and Spotify and cast them onto my TV. I have a Home Cinema Amp plugged into the TV so I plugged the Chromecast into that so I can enjoy HiFi sound from the Amp. I can also cast my photos onto the TV. I love the way that Google is integrating everything together so seamlessly.
Apart from that I use Ebay and have installed a taskbar App for that and I expect that I will use Maps and cycle.travel to plan my cycle tours picking up the .gpx files on my phone to use with the OSMan gps navigator.

I would be very interested in others who are keen photographers with tips for storing and editing photos with the Chromebook
All the best
Al

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did contact Pixlr support about the problems I found and they have responded. They admitted the backslash problem and the problems concerning linking Pixlr to Flickr and Picasa accounts and have reported them to the development team to be fixed. Strange that Pixlr, recommended by Google isnt more on the ball.

I am continuing to enjoy this Chromebook. Very quick, inexpensive and simple laptop.

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
help!

hi, i bought a chromebook not too long ago and i bought a new memory stick, copied my docs onto it (from the in-law's desktop where i keep all the file backed up - my old memory stick got infected so i had to bin it). and i put it in my chromebook and opened up the files. no problem.
later, i opened up the files on the memory stick again, and instead of roman characters labelling each file (e.g, grammar, games) the characters now all look like a mix of symbols and letters. so i have no ideas which files are what. if i click on any of the files, i'm told that these files are not supported and to to go to the app store to find an app that will open these files. i have no idea what app i'm supposed to be looking for and i don't know how this happened.
i don't know how to do a scan of the memory stick, as there doesn't seem to be any way to do this on chrome and it's near-impossible to download anything onto chrome to check the stick for viruses.
any help would be appreciated here - i'm not good with computers and i don't want to buy yet another memory stick,
erin

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I haven't got an Ipad and know very little about them... But by most standards, are you not able to go into the organise part of the bookmarks and choose to export them to an HTML (or some such) file, so that the said file can then be transferred to the Chromebook...

Again, depending on how many favourite links you have saved on the Ipad, these can be transferred one or two (or a few) at a time, by email... I'm sure I'd find a way of doing it if I did own such a machine...

Robbie....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. I'm new to this forum but have been a Chromebook owner and user since mid 2013. I have 2 Samsung Chromebook laptops, both of which I used a lot but am now not using regularly as I have loaned them out to my sister and a friend. Still I love the Chromebook, Chrome Browser and someday I may want to get a Chrome Stick. I am also a longtime Mac owner and user.

I look forward to participate in this forum and perhaps learn something new.

MEL
From Hawaii

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there!
I'm still thinking about purchasing a Chromebook.
I've just signed in here to see if all my questions could be solved, but no.
There are a lot of unanswered questions here, so I guess I'm not taking the risk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a Toshiba Chrombook 2 which I'll be giving to one of my grandkids possibly. Why you ask??
Because I just ordered a new Pixel Chromebook!
I'll be putting Ubuntu Linux on it so I can get to my money manager when I need to.
This will be my 3rd Chromebook. The first one, an older Samsung just bit the dust! :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings all!

I just got my Acer 11 CB and I am ecstatic. My old windows laptop was running Windows Vista, and I knew that it was due for updating. I heard about Windows 10 coming out, but it couldn't even load this. My desktop can, since it is running Windows 7, but I never really learned how best to use this format.

So I began to contemplate what to do and began searching chromebooks. I had gotten one for my son for Christmas, and he kept complaining what it would NOT do. Of course, he never learned the features and how best to use them.

The past few days, I have been watching Youtube, and checking out the Google free learning forum: Free Google Docs Tutorial at GCFLearnFree This link also has tutorials on many other things pertaining to using the chromebook and google apps. Check it out!

Wow, a wealth of information. So I am sharing this with the readers here in case it is helpful.

Sandy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

My six year old Sony Vaio is on its death bed, so I've been using my wife's HP 14 Chromebook from school for the past couple of weeks. At first, I found the track pad to be pretty awful - until I found out that I just needed to learn to use the Chromebook gestures. Now I love it. I've come to realize that the Chromebook is perfect for my needs - much better in fact than a Windows PC. I've ordered the Dell 13 CB, and can't wait to try it out. Looking forward to learning from the group - thanks!

161 - 180 of 207 Posts