Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just ordered my Acer Wifi version chromebook via Amazon.
I figure it will ship next week (July 15)

Love the idea of the full keyboard.
However, on the apps, I need a word (xxx.doc) file format for all that I do.
Excel also (xxx.xls).

Are there going to be apps for that ?

If the apps and printer are going to cause problems, Unfortunately, it will go back to Amazon within their 30 day return policy.

Any comments on the Apps and word docs ? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
You can upload and download ms office formats to Google docs, so no worries there.

You'll need to plug your printer into a windows computer that has the chrome browser installed and cloud printing enabled. You can then print from anywhere with the chromebook.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There are more and more HTML options for office. ThinkFree Office is awesome (50 a year), Google Docs is pretty good, MS Office live seems ok and there are some I am missing...either way you can work from the Cloud and that way if anything ever happens to your computer it is there...always backed up!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 3 year old Dell, XP, a newer 22" monitor and a fairly decent HP printer and wifi keyboard/mouse...will the large monitor and/or keyboard work with the Chromebook when I'm at home?? I do have Google Chrome installed...and love it, BTW.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your mouse can be plugged into the USB port, I haven't tried a keyboard (yet). The Acer has a HDMI port that might be used but only if your monitor has one too. I wouldn't take the Dell down yet, until you can do everything you need on the Chromebook.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did it come?

Hi, I just ordered my Acer Wifi version chromebook via Amazon.
I figure it will ship next week (July 15)

Love the idea of the full keyboard.
However, on the apps, I need a word (xxx.doc) file format for all that I do.
Excel also (xxx.xls).

Are there going to be apps for that ?

If the apps and printer are going to cause problems, Unfortunately, it will go back to Amazon within their 30 day return policy.

Any comments on the Apps and word docs ? Thanks,
Hey, when you see this let us know how long it took to get to you. I hope you got your Chromebook by now! I would also like to know if you found a solution for your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts