Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My friend has a cr48

and from what he told me, the agreement he had to sign off on requested at least 2 years of feedback, so I would assume that they will be fully functional and get software updates for at least that amount of time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
People have been selling them on eBay since the Pilot program started. I have been checking out the eBay auctions for about the last 6 - 8 weeks and I have seen them sell from as low as $200 to as high as $450 ( I think that one had Windows 7 installed on it).

·
Banned
109 Posts
Maybe I am missing something here but....Why would people who were so lucky and privileged as to be chosen to help test (for Google, mind you) the Cr-48 (for free, mind you), turn around and place their Cr-48 up for auction on eBay??? Is it just me, or is that completely rude, ignorant, and ungrateful??? I would have been thrilled beyond belief to partake in such an honor (a making in history, mind you) and to hear that people are actually selling their Cr-48's on eBay kinda gets under my skin. And what about the 2 years of feedback they signed off to give (according to Cyclesoflife)???

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Cr-48 might be cheaper than the newer books, but it has half the CPU horsepower. Given the 'cool factor' of them being the prototype and their very limited availability, I doubt they will be a cost effective choice for regular use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If I had one, I sure wouldn't be selling it! I agree with Mindy, though... there is something wrong with people agreeing to give feedback for two years and then turning around and selling the unit after only a few weeks, or months.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.