Google Chromebook Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, Google unveiled the first ever Chromebooks with Samsung and Acer being the pioneering producers. I was wondering what Google's main idea behind this creation?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think it is an attempt that was started a few years ago to slay Microsoft. Microsoft still has a lot of power over Google, and given their competition via Bing search engine, Google needed to own the OS... CHromebook is their first attempt to move from browser to OS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It's also moving the OS out of Microsoft's landscape, part of ChromeOS is a fundamental shift from Desktop to Cloud, something Microsoft isn't totally comfortable with yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why would they bother making a computer about this? The only thing a chrome notebook has over a smartphone is that you can log into your account from other computers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
For me it's the form factor. I've got an EVO 4G which is OK for consuming data but it's lousy for production (I'm older and have some issues).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love the idea of the cloud. It almost feel like it was too late already for us to be using it since the web is not that new. What I want to know is how all programs would work if I don't have access to the internet.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Perhaps in their own volition Google had more than what meets the eye. Enough research should have been made so probably more is yet to come.

·
Registered
293 Posts
It is a pretty big deal for us to move on from the idea of having to have everything local to the cloud, this is IMHO a big step towards what end user computing should evolve to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts