Google Chromebook Forums banner

What would you do?

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  mixkb 
#1 ·
What would you do if you were in charge of creating and designing Chromebooks? What concept would you most like to see utilized in their design in the future?

#5 ·
Here is my idea. Make a Google Chromebook Tablet, make a kick stand off the back and then have one of those keyboards that gets projected on to any flat surface from a special node in the face. That way it is a tablet with nearly real keyboard functionality.

#8 ·
Here are some of my thoughts:
1. Optical mouse above the keyboard or other touch pad alternative . Then the depth of the computer could be shrunk, making it more portable without sacrificing the size of the keyboard.
2. Use an ARM based processor for more energy efficiency and longer battery life.
3. SSD with faster read/write capabilities. 16GB is fine for such a light weight OS.
4. Two x USB 3.0 ports near hinge.

#12 ·
Or have a switch to turn on/off independent of plugged in or not. If I'm on a plane, I won't have AC power, but I may trade battery life for it since I know I'll be able to recharge soon.

Then, if I'm using it during the day, I could turn off the backlight and save battery life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.