Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really familiar with Samsung's naming nomenclature... what does Series 5 mean? I noticed they have all sorts of things that are Series 5 including a TV!! What does series 5 refer to? Is that kind of like a performance level?
Looks like the series 9 stuff is cooler ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
All I have been able to find is reference to Samsung TV naming conventions, in which case Series 5 is usually the middle rung of options for a device type...I wonder if that means we can expect more upper models down the road, maybe with the aloof HDMI and Optical Drive?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My best guess is the Samsung Series 5 Chromebook got it's name because of the cpu, from the intel website discussing the NM10 Graphics Chipset: "The Intel® NM10 Express Chipset enables both netbook and entry-level desktop platforms based on the Intel® Atom™ processors 400 and 500 series.", and it is running a "Intel® ATOM Processor N570"(500 series==5 Series?)

My best hunch.

Sources:
Intel NM10 Express Chipset - Overview
Features and Specifications - Samsung Chromebook Series 5 White WiFi Model | Samsung Office

·
Registered
6 Posts
Samsung have confused us slightly with the overlap between this and the TV naming convention, but nonetheless they have released a whole set of Series X notebooks.

The series 9 is my fave, an ultra portable Mac Air competitor but you have to pay for it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts