Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Samsung Wifi chromebook yesterday. Its fantastic and just what I was looking for. However, when I just close the lid, and open it back up, it won't recognize the WiFi network without me disabling and re-enabling the WiFi. If I restart it, its fine, and when i do disable/re-enable, it starts up very quickly. The only time I have an issue is when I'm opening it from sleep. Has anyone else had this issue? I'm debating on doing a factory reset on it tonight and re-updating it. I was reading on Googles forum that the cr-48 had this issue and an update fixed it.

Thanks for your time!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses. I got mine from amazon and am getting a replacement tuesday. I've restored it and re-updated it and it still has the same problem. Mine's the samsung also, but the only time I could find another issue was with the cr-48. I've also tried on my wlan, and a family members and friends. I would suggest if you're having the same issue to probably request a replacement too really. At first I didn't think it was a big deal at all, but the more you do it, it gets a bit annoying. Thanks again for your help and suggestions :)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know if anyones still looking at this still, but I got my 2nd chromebook in yesterday. Its doing the same thing :(. We took ALL security off our wireless and still does it. We have 2 other laptops and 2 other desktops, all 4 computers connect immediately from sleep mode. We're taking it to a starbucks or something today to see if it happens there. My friend is also going to bring his new chromebook (which doesn't have this issue) to my house sometime and test it. I'm kind of out of solutions now, my main was to replace it, figured that'd be a cure all but it wasn't. Thanks for all the previous input also.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay for anyone searching for a solution, I fixed it!!!! (yayy) When you click on the network and it brings up a little box saying "connect to this network automatically" Uncheck that (it should be checked atm), forget the network, enable and disable the wifi. Go back in connect to your normal network and recheck the box. For some reason it just wasn't registering that it was checked (two chromebooks later I figure this out...) So there is a solution, and I'm super happy :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.