Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading an article on Computerworld, in which someone made this claim. Evidently they think younger folk are all about apps, and never really use the Internet. I can't agree, but what do you think?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I disagree. The article you read was probably hired by one of Google's competitors to try to persuade young people not to like them. By nature of the technology, I think that they are perfect for young people.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, zora is probably right, with the way that Facebook hired someone to dis Google. I would not be surprised if there was someone out there running and anti Google campaign. Kids and young people will love the Chromebook.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It would take some time for young people. With their status and peer pressure, it would take some time to wean them off apple products (hip and trend-setter for a lot of them). Google got to step up with their marketing which apple is a genius or we'll just wait for inevitable- cloud computing, cloud computers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think it's going to be like when Chrome was first introduced. A lot of people were skeptical but once they used it they were hooked. I doubt this will be any different with the Chromebooks. As long as they're fast and reliable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Honestly I don't think that young people will avoid Chromebook. I don't know what you consider 'young people' but I'm in my early 20s and I have a lot of friends that are interested in it now. I think it's also kind of a myth that all the young adults are hooked on Apple computers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure how young you are referring to. I'm 23 year old and I'm going to love using the ChromeOS. having all my university stuff saved online, accessing my textbooks through google books, my amazon mp3 cloud for music, etc etc. I am really excited to have everything I need in a laptop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't think Chromebooks will be shunned nor adopted based on any of the following:
* previous preference for MacOS, Windows or Linux
* previous use of laptop or desktop
* previous choice of cellular phone
* technical expertise

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's not possible.

The whole APP idea is exploding and it's great for young people since they are the one's that use the computer a lot and they can make use of the apps. I hear a lot of younger people speaking of the Chrome Book and young people as in teen's to young adults.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a "young person" and I don't agree at all with what that article said. Unless you consider Facebook and app (at least on the iPhone), then they are mainly just a source of fun gaming entertainment. Young folk still use the internets, tons.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would say they would buy into it as many people love cheap cool electronics and always want to have the newest things, and many people are morons and do think that face book is an application only due to the fact black berries and i phones have them and lot of people don't realize that as well. As far as young people will buy into to only due to the fact that its cheap, their parents like the cheapness, and it becomes an easy target to sell.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that young people are the people that will use chromebooks... im in college and have a heavy laptop here. after 2 years of hauling it around everywhere I am ready for a light web-only edition. I will still have my main computer at home and all.. but when I go to classes and work, I dont need all the heavy machinery with me...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our world is moving faster and faster into an internet/cloud-based society. There is no way the younger generation will dislike a computer box that gets them to the Facebookwebz faster than theirs already does. The somewhat cheap price is also a bonus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts