Google Chromebook Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wifi only Acer chromebook. I also wanted an option of a wired connection when I go visit my sister who doesn't have a wifi router. I bought the "Trendnet TU2-ET 100" USB to 10/100Mbps Adapter and it works, I am using it now as I type this message. It works right out of the box, you can ignore the included setup DVD. I got it from Amazon for $17.69.

Amazon.com: TRENDnet USB to 10/100Mbps Adapter TU2-ET100: Electronics

Google's help on this says a wired (USB) connection take priority over wireless and it seems to work that way. Instead of wifi bars in the upper right corner of the screen I have an icon that looks like an Ethernet port.

Cheers...
Russ :D

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking for a recomendation on a router too; there doesn't seem to be anything on Amazon with consistent reviews- they are my preferred vendor due to shipping to Hawaii. Any input....?
If you don't mind an older router that doesn't support the newer/faster N specs I can recommend the Linksys WRT54GL wireless router; it's $50 at amazon.

Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router (Compatible with Linux): Electronics

I have 2 of them and they've given me good service.

Cheers...
Russ

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.